Do you have what it takes to join us?
When it comes to talent, we’re quite picky here at Kapernikov. We’re not asking just anyone to help us shape the future of Industry 4.0. However, you might wonder whether you have it in you to become part of the Kapernikov team. Let’s see what you’re made of.
- Did you ever develop software for fun?
- Does automating machines make your heart beat faster?
- Do you keep up with the latest technologies?
- Would you like to solve complex puzzles in industrial environments?
Then you might have the motivation.
- Do you have experience with automation?
- Do you have a strong opinion on what Linux distro we should use?
- Did you ever automate a process? Or something else that made an impact on the ‘real’ world?
Then you might have the skills.
- Are you usually the guy or gal who sees the solution first?
- Can you explain difficult stuff without losing your audience?
- Do you understand how a piece of technology can really make a difference?
Then you might have the talent.
Congratulations if you made it this far.
But do you have the job?
We are looking for an embedded C++ enthusiast. Both beginner- and expert-level candidates are welcome, but you need to have the motivation and talent to become an expert.
Convince us of your skills:
- You have proven experience in C++, Python & industrial control systems.
- You have notions of ‘classical’ automation – PLC/Scada control, electrical signals, sensor technology.
- Send in a Github link, come over and demo a self-made project.
- Our customers usually explain their problems from an operational standpoint. Our solutions however tend to get very technical. If you can build the bridge between those two worlds or if you have it in you to become our technical wizard, then you might just get the job.
- You communicate fluently in English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Location: we have our HQ in Brussels, our clients are located all over Belgium.
What we offer:
- A full-time job in a pleasant working environment where all of your talents are appreciated.
- We have a fancy coworking place close to Brussels Midi station which is a wonderful, informal place to collaborate. However, we often work at the customer’s site, which could be anywhere in Belgium (albeit most often around Brussels).
- Challenging problems that require your innovative thinking. Cool projects where the software you write actually controls part of the world.
- The chance to get paid to do what you love. We offer a competitive salary and many fringe benefits.
- Education and training to perform your job well. We aim to get people up to date with modern technologies and provide time and budget to take courses or go to congresses.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work the way that suits you best.
- A vibrant atmosphere with room for new ideas, experimentation and cross-fertilization with other Kapernikov consultants. We are a friendly team to spar with and learn from.
- Kapernikov is a self-organized company with sociocracy as toolbox, meaning decisions are taken and implemented by everyone as equals. We are not the classic organisation with a strict hierarchy. Our employees come first.
Getting excited already? Let’s get in touch.